These soft, chewy cookies packed with tempting chocolate chunks, are easy to make and heavenly to eat. Just watch them disappear!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all‐purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1¼ cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets.
- Combine the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer set on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract; set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a small bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating continuously. Stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chunks.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the dough, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies until lightly browned, 8‐10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks. Repeat with any remaining dough.
- Use semisweet, milk or white chocolate, or a combination of all three, for the chocolate chunks. Substitute raisins for a healthier treat.
- Turn these chocolaty cookies into ice‐cream sandwiches. Just spoon some ice cream between two cookies and enjoy!